Sunday 16 January 2011

Make me, Make me, Make me



Ever since I had my first baby last year I have been obsessed with making things, absolutely anything and everything, from shampoo (disaster) to chutneys (yummy). I  don't know where this need comes from all I know is that it is there and if I don't have at least 5 projects on the go I am twitchy! And I wonder why I am exhausted.

My latest triumph, which nearly killed me, was making Christmas presents. I must admit my motivation also came from being rather strapped for cash, what with being on maternity leave. I decided upon Christmas hampers as I had already made a large batch of chutneys from surplus fruit and veg we had back in the Autumn and figured one hamper will do for each couple. Although they did take time I was really pleased with the end result. I tried to put a mix of mainly home made stuff in them, which included: lavender bath salts, hazelnut and baileys truffles, vanilla fudge, hot chocolate pack, chutneys and of course wine and beers and focussed on a rustic decoration theme.

You can sort of see the finished product in the photos above. And I worked out that each box cost me just over eight pounds. So I would definitely recommend hampers if you want a lovely home made present and you're on a tight budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment